Open Accessibility Menu


Our urologic medical experts in our urology department are committed to providing patients with the highest quality of care delivered with thoughtfulness and compassion. Our board-certified urologists are specialists in treating both male and female patients with urinary tract conditions, primarily the kidneys, ureters, urethra, and bladder. Male patients may seek urologic treatment for prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, vasectomies, and other urologic-related conditions.

What Is a Urologist?

Urologists are medical experts in urinary tract disorders. These healthcare professionals use medical and minimally invasive surgical treatments and may work in tandem with your internist, OB/GYN, pediatrician, or another medical specialist. They diagnose conditions through biopsies, cystoscopies, digital rectal exams, prostate ultrasounds, urine tests, and other procedures. These diagnostic procedures aim to treat many urologic conditions, from kidney stones to painful urination and male sexual health concerns.

Some of the most common procedures performed are:

  • Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
  • Bladder cancer
  • Bladder conditions
  • Botox injections
  • Brachytherapy
  • Cystoscopy
  • Endoscopic laser lithotripsy
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • ESWL
  • Greenlight laser
  • General urology
  • Hematuria
  • InterStim therapy
  • Interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome
  • Kidney conditions
  • Laparoscopic nephrectomy
  • Low testosterone
  • Overactive bladder
  • Prostatectomy
  • Prostatitis and related pelvic pain
  • Robotic surgery
  • Scrotal surgery
  • Sling procedure
  • SpaceOAR
  • Stress urinary incontinence
  • Suprapubic catheter insertion & change
  • Transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsy (TRUS)
  • Transurethral resection of bladder cancer
  • Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
  • Ureteroscopy
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Urinary tract infections
  • Urine leakage
  • UroLift®
  • Urologic surgery
  • Vasectomy

BHS Urology Walk-In Clinic
Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 11:00 am
102 Technology Drive, Suite 110A, Butler

Should I See a Urologist?

While a primary care provider may be sufficient to clear up a mild urinary problem such as a urinary tract infection (UTI), they may refer you to a urologist if symptoms do not improve or you need more specialized care. Some patients need to see both a urologist and another specialist for specific conditions, such as an oncologist for prostate or other urologic cancers.

You should see a urologist as soon as possible if you have any of the following concerns:

  • A lump in the testicle
  • Blood in urine
  • Difficulty getting or sustaining an erection
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Elevated PSA blood test
  • Kidney stones
  • Pain or burning while urinating
  • Prostate problems
  • Urinary urgency
  • Urine leakage
  • Weak urine flow
Related Providers
Related Locations
Related Articles