Grow with us.
Set yourself up for career success with a Fellowship for Advanced Practice
Providers in Acute Care Medicine.
Work at the top of your license as a confident, compassionate medical provider.
Earn a competitive salary and benefits while honing your skills and abilities
as an APP through this BHS fellowship program.
As a BHS Fellow, you’ll participate in clinical and didactic activities
to strengthen your skills within four areas, including:
• Emergency Medicine
• Pulmonary/Critical Care
• Adult Hospitalist
• Elective Selection
You’ll spend three months in each of these areas over your one-year
fellowship program. As you network and build collaborative, working relationships
with key BHS Medical Staff, you’ll also gain invaluable experiences
An elective selection enables you to customize your fellowship by choosing
an area that sparks your interest and drives your passion as an APP.
The robust curriculum design offers:
• An APP Mentor dedicated specifically to you
• Morning Sign Out with Clinical Team
• An Independent Study Project that you can immerse yourself in as
you learn and grow
• Trending, insightful learning sessions presented by BHS Medical
Here’s what you’ll be able to do effectively upon completing
• Recognize, diagnose, and treat emergent, urgent, and acute medical
issues in critically ill patients
• Apply strengthened critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate knowledge, confidence, and empathy at the bedside
• Embrace a self-directed, lifelong approach to learning
• Collaborate with a variety of clinical specialists
Upon evaluation, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion from
Butler Memorial Hospital.
- Applications accepted January through April
- Well qualified applicants will be granted interviews with offers extended in May
- Credentialing process May through August
- Projected start date: first Monday in August
For more information, please call the BHS Medical Staff office at 724-284-4516.