BHS Pulmonary Associates
Pulmonary Medicine is a medical specialty dealing with the causes, diagnosis,
prevention, and treatment of diseases affecting the lungs. It is considered
a branch of internal medicine, and is related to intensive care medicine.
Pulmonary/critical care specialists are specially trained in diseases and
conditions of the chest. In particular, they can treat conditions such
as Pneumonia, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Emphysema, COPD, Pulmonary Fibrosis,
Lung Cancer, Sleep Disorders, Bronchitis, Shortness of Breath, Chronic
Cough and Pulmonary Hypertension. Our team at BHS Pulmonary Associates
consists of FCCP board-certified physicians along with experienced nurse
practitioners and a friendly, knowledgeable office staff. They utilize
on-on-one observations and state-of-the-art equipment to perform lifesaving
procedures and treatment in close coordination with many sub-specialties.
This is all tied together with a patient-centered approach and specialized
care to alleviate acute and life-threatening chronic respiratory conditions.
Services at BHS Pulmonary Associates include:
- Fiber Optic/Navigational Bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Alpha-1 Testing for hereditary emphysema
- Injections for the treatment of uncontrolled asthma
- Lung Cancer screening (link to Lung Center overview page)
- Sleep disorder studies (link to Sleep Center overview page)
- Testing for supplemental oxygen needs
- Work in conjunction with local facilities for pulmonary rehab treatment